This policy, and any other documents referred to, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controllers are Recycled Material Supplies Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company reg number 6221599, with its registered office at New Bridge Street House, 30-34 New Bridge Street, London, England EC4V 6BJ, Recycled Materials Southern Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company reg number 09053104, with its registered office at New Bridge Street House, 30-34 New Bridge Street, London, England EC4V 6BJ and a company registered in England and Wales under company reg number 09701617, with its registered office at New Bridge Street House, 30-34 New Bridge Street, London, England EC4V 6BJ
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act and GDPR is Wendy McDermott.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following categories of data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms, interacting with our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use the site and when you report a problem with the Site.
Any information you give us that includes; an email address, password, first name, last name and your organisation’s address, which is essential to run your account.Payment information (bank details, credit card details etc.) to be processed by a 3rd party service; either by a bank, BACS or Sage, whichever you choose. The payment information we hold is; Name, address, transaction ID numbers and payment amount. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
- Your transaction security. We realise how important it is to securely store any information that you provide. RMS maintains the highest levels of security. Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions. You can therefore rest assured that we take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
- Information we collect about you. This is information that we collect automatically about your visit during your time on the Site or by other means. It typically involves technical information and is often collected using small data files called “cookies”. This information helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Site and also to indicate where the Site requires improvement.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information that we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share your data.This also includes information that we receive from third parties, such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and so on. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
All information about you that we collect or receive, whether of a personal or technical nature, may be used by us in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we, or our selected partners, offer that are similar or relevant to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, such contact will only be made by email, phone or SMS.
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- To comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy (please see the “Where We Store Your Personal Data section below for more details).
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our holding company and subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. Such information would not include anything that would make an individual identifiable to the advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, that 500 users live within a particular area) to help them reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to their selected target audience; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our pupils, parents and interested parents will be one of the transferred assets;
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our parents, pupils or others.
No disclosure or transfer of your information will be to persons or entities outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Where we store your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’, secure servers within the EEA, for a period of 2 years, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
- Installing a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular back-ups.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the Site; and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it (such as you have withdrawn your consent or we no longer provide your children with education);
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us at the address given below. In some cases, we are permitted to charge a small fee of no more than £10 in respect of our administrative costs.
If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you should contact Wendy McDermott at the address below.
RMS, Knights Road, London, E16 2AT.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
For more information on your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) visit ICO.